Does your current store website need a redesign
Do you already have an ecommerce website, but need a refresh or redesign? We can help to update your existing website or design a new website to replace your outdated one.
Please contact us to discuss your ideas
Lost control of your store website
Do you have a store website that you've lost control of? We can assist with re-acquiring your website, domain name, website hosting, and email accounts that have been abandoned, mis-treated, or held hostage by other 'web designers'.
Please contact us to discuss your situation
Lost your store website account information
Have you lost your ecommerce website's account, domain name, email, or hosting account information and don't know what to do? We know where to look and can help you retrieve this information that may have been lost, taken by an employee, or held hostage by other 'web designers'. We'll help you get back in control of your web properties and accounts.
Please contact us to discuss your situation
Do you offer ecommerce website updating & maintenance
Yes. After we deliver your new website, you may retain us to update & maintain the website for our hourly service fee. We highly advise this to maintain your Lifetime Website Warranty and to ensure the highest quality of work is done for you.
Who owns & controls my domain name and ecommerce store accounts
YOU DO! Snelling Web Development requires that you pay for, own, and control your domain name and ecommerce accounts. This ensures that you are always in control of your vital online properties.
One of the horror stories that we hear from new clients is that their current malicious web developer has control of their domain name, website, and/or hosting account and is holding them hostage for money or other reasons.
Another common situation is that their flaky web developer has vanished with their money, domain name, and accounts...and the client is left in the wind with nothing.
We at Snelling Web Development are trustworthy, but that doesn't mean we want the keys to your car or house...and we certainly don't want the keys to your website or other online properties. You will own & control your website and accounts.
How is an ecommerce website project quote determined
We incorporate many aspects into determining our project proposals for ecommerce store websites. We simply cannot give you a solid estimate on time and budget without knowing more about what your needs are, what research has already been done and needs to be done, what gaps exist, the size of the website, what content & graphic assets need to be created, who the audience/demographic is, and what exact deliverables are expected & agreed upon.
Put another way, if you ask an architect how much a house will cost to design & build, they cannot give you an estimate without knowing everything you want in your new home; how many rooms, if you want plastic or copper piping, wood floors or carpeting, marble or Formica counters, etc.
During our consulations, we determine your store needs, then schedule follow-up meetings via in-person, email, or video chat where more details are determined. Neither of us want suprises, so we do our best to eliminate them and be accurate.
We'll need to fully understand what your business, store, brand, and products or services are all about, what your business strategy is, the current status of the project, info about any homework that has been done already, and what goals you're hoping for. We can then present you with a proposal consisting of more thorough logistics, actionable to-dos, and a project quote.
Our time spent on this research & discovery is always considered billable time.
Will we be happy working together
If you're ok with the following, we'll all be happy:
If these sound reasonable to you, please contact us to discuss your ideas
- You want the best
- You appreciate high-quality work, attention to detail, and understand that such work comes with a price
- You value your brand and know that cheap or free websites will not represent your brand professionally and drive customers away who are afraid of submitting their payment information on such a store site.
- You have formed a realistic budget, thought about your store's goals, and are ready to proceed with an ecommerce website. We will be asking you many questions during our consultation to determine if the project can proceed successfully.
- You understand that to know anything useful about your brand, business, products, or the project requires asking a lot of questions
- You believe that communication and iteration are very important
- You understand that professional and high quality ecommerce website development is a serious field requiring years of experience, mastery of many design, usability & programming disciplines, and requiring countless hours of education & reading to keep current with the technologies involved
- You understand that there is more involved in professional design than "making it pretty"
- We respect your time & expertise in your field. We expect you to respect ours.
- We don't offer discounts and you understand why